In this article, you will find out what Valium is how long does Valium stay in your system and if it stays too long what can happen. Also how it can be harmful to your system. You will find Valium is now also prescribed as Diazepam, therefore in this article, you will see Valium referred to as DiazepamDiazepam.
Valium, which is now often referred to as Diazepam, is a medicinal drug. It belongs to the class of medications called a benzodiazepine. Benzodiazepines are known to be a drug that produces a calming effect on the person treated with
What conditions can Valium treat?
1. To treat anxiety and anxiety-related conditions like panic attacks or certain agitation stages.
2. To treat certain conditions associated with vertigo-like some neurovegetative symptoms.
3. To treat alcohol withdrawal in alcoholics.
4. It is often used during medical procedures to provide sedation to the patient. This situation is because the drug works by providing a calming effect on the brain and nerves, and thus the patient undergoes sedation.
5. Since this drug has a calming effect and therefore, can be used to treat short-term insomnia.
6. Used to treat muscle spasms relief.
7. During hyperbaric oxygen therapy, this drug is used as a preventive treatment for the toxicity of oxygen.
Various effects of Valium
1. In the children
· For adults itself, this drug sometimes causes very severe side effects. Therefore, for children, the side effects are riskier.
· Instead of causing a calming effect, Valium would cause hallucinations, restlessness, and agitation.
· A range of mental and mood changes are observed in children. This state is seen in the children that this medicine prescribed to
· Therefore, this medicine (Valium) is not commonly prescribed to children. This can also be a possessing reason of how long does valium stay in your system.
2. In the elderly
· Elderly patients will undoubtedly have many adverse side effects.
· A worst-case scenario of drowsiness will be observed to that of healthy aged patients.
· This drug valium will cause older patients to lose coordination.
· Hence they might end up falling.
· Elderly patients will also have mental and mood changes. This poses a risk.
· Elderly patients will also experience hallucination, agitation, and restlessness.
3. In pregnant women
· This drug valium is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
· After giving birth also, the prescription of Valium was not done.
· This drug valium may pass through breast milk to the baby. This will cause severe side effects for the infant.
· Even during pregnancy, if the drug is used, it can cause unpleasant effects for the unborn babies.Depending on how long does valium stay in your system the effect worsens.
4. In the lab test
· It’s best not to consume this drug before going to take a lab test.
· It is advised not to be taken, as this drug can produce false-positive results.
· This may also interfere with the lab results,this interference may also be because of how long valium stays in your system.
How can Valium enter your body?
· This drug can be given as a tablet and therefore travels through oral route administration.
· Intravenous route is usually used during surgeries to give sedation.
The both ways of how the drug enters also determines,how long does valium stays in your system.
Ways to detect how long Valium stays in your system
· To see how does long Valium stays in your system, it should be identified. There are specific ways to detect them.
· Blood or plasma assays can be done. These tests are done to detect the levels of the drug in blood and plasma.
· Immunoassays are also done to quantify.
· Main purpose of Immunoassay is to accurately identify the drug in a person. In this way, we can discover how long does valium stay in your system.
· Urine tests are done to detect up to almost several weeks since the last dose. From a urine test, even the active metabolites of the drug can be identified. Even a urine test can detect how long does valium stay in your system.
· A hair follicle test can be done to detect how long Valium can stay in your system. Hair follicle tests can detect up to almost 90 days. This test is not usually used as the other tests because it is not as reliable as the others. Although this test also provides insight on how long does valium stay in your system.
· A test using saliva samples can be done to detect. This can be done to identify how long does valium stay in your system or how long it has remained. In the saliva samples test, it can detect up to back to almost 7 to 9 days since drug consumption. Since the initial time, the drug consumed.
The usual range of levels of Diazepam
· Usually, the levels of diazepam concentrations in blood or plasma range from 0.1 – 1.0mg/l. This is in a person who receives the drug therapeutically.
How long can Valium stay in your system?
· The time valium remains in blood, urine, and saliva differs quite a lot.
· The half-life of drug valium in the blood is around 30 to 56 hours. Therefore, consider it might take an average of at least ten days for the drug to leave the system altogether.
A note of what half-life is;
Half-life is the time taken for half of the drug or its metabolites of the drug to leave the body. The half-life of Valium is very high. That is how long Valium can stay in your system is very high.
· How long does valium stay in your system differs from different places in the body. The half-life and the duration of stay vary from place to place in the system.
· In urine, the drug may remain up to six weeks. In the urine of a person, the remaining active metabolites may stay up to six weeks.
· In the blood of a person, the drug may remain up to forty-eight hours. In blood, the remaining active metabolites may stay up to 48 hours.
· In the saliva of a person, the drug valium can remain up to ten days. In the saliva of a person, the remaining active metabolites of the drug may remain up to ten days.
· In the hair of a person, the drug valium can remain up to ninety days. In the hair of a person, the active metabolites of the drug may stay up to ninety days.
What are the factors that affect how long does Valium stay in your system?
· How long does Valium can stay in your system may be affected due to many reasons. Some of the reasons are;
– Body fat content
– Amount of drug taken
– Other drugs present in the system
– Liver health
– Kidney health
– Method of ingestion
– Metabolism rate
How can age affect how long does Valium stay in your system
How age may affect is because of how fast the metabolism of a person may occur. Due to certain health defects varying with age, how long Valium can stay in your system differs. A much older person would usually have low metabolism. Therefore, the elderly will have drug valium in their system for a long time.
How can the amount of drugs have taken affect how long Valium stays in your system?
The amount of drugs taken by yourself can affect how long the Valium can stay in your system. For example, if the patient takes a higher amount. The amount that is to be broken down is also higher as more of the drug is broken down. In the same way, if a minimal amount of medication is taken, the amount to be broken down is also less.
How can the presence of drugs in your system affect how long Valium stays in your system?
If other drugs are present in your system, the body usually breakdown the ones that might produce harmful metabolites. It is the tendency of the body to breakdown drugs that would produce toxic metabolites initially. The drugs that have a shorter half-life will also be broken down earlier than Valium.
The drug valium can remain in your system since the other drugs are broken down earlier before Valium. If the other drugs have a much simpler configuration also, they will be broken down before Valium. Thus the drug valium will be broken down later and will remain in the system for a long time.
How can the health of the liver affect how Valium stays in your system?
Liver health can affect the time of how long does valium stay in your system. If the liver condition is not right, then the breakdown would be delayed. Due to this situation, the drug will stay much longer if the liver does not work correctly. It might not break down the medication at all. Due to this, the drug, therefore, might not leave the system any longer than usual.
How can the health of the kidney affect how long does Valium stay in your system?
Kidney health can affect the time of how long Valium can stay in your system. If the kidney condition is not right, then the drug would not be excreted out of the body. Since the medicine is not excreted or excreted slowly, the time the pill stays is more.
How can the method of ingestion affect how long Valium stays in your system?
The method of ingestion is also a factor that affects the time of stay. The process of how the drug is ingested can affect how long Valium stays in your system if it is ingested by the rectal route it takes time to enter the blood. Since it takes more time to come to blood, the breakdown time is also slow. Since breakdown time is quiet, the drug stays in the body longer.
If the drug is taken intravenously, it enters the blood quickly and therefore, would be broken down suddenly.
How can the metabolism rate affect how long Valium stays in your system?
This is the most crucial factor in how long Valium stays in your system. It is the most important because this decides how fast or slow the drug can be broken down. Therefore, this shows coherently how soon the drug would leave the body.
If the metabolism rate of a person is slow, then the pace at which the drug valium leaves your system also would be delayed. Although one thing to be noted is that the metabolism rate can also be affected by various other factors.
The problems and side effects if Valium stays for a long time in your body
· The more prolonged the drug stays in your body, the harmful it may end for the patient.
· Using Valium can give side effects; therefore, it can cause addiction if it stays for a long time.
· Since the use of Valium already has side effects, and if Valium stays for a long time, it can adversely affect the side effects. Therefore, how long the Valium stays in your body, the worse the condition of side effects is.
· If the Valium stays for a longer time in your system, loss of coordination can occur.
· The patient that has Valium for a longer time in their system might experience impaired movements.
· Severe addiction and tolerance for drug development if it remains in the body for too long.
· Valium can cause memory loss; therefore, it remains in the system for too long memory loss can occur in patients.
It is advised by doctors to avoid certain foods when using this drug valium. Foods such as grapefruits, are not recommended to be consumed of you are under medication. When taking this medicine, if you eat grapefruit, it will increase the drug’s addictive symptoms.
This article refers to the sections such as, what Valium is. By reading this article, you learn about the effects the drug valium has on your body if you are prescribed it. The side effects of the drug valium.
Most importantly, you can understand how long Valium stays in your body and what factors affect how long Valium stays in your system. Since Valium is a drug that may not be casually used by a broader range of people, this article will give insights about this drug valium.